Fish Taco Recipe
Today, I brought to you this easy and fast recipe, which is one of my favorite recipes and I often cook it for dinner. Please do try it, and let me know in the comments your opinion about it.
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cornstarch – 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Beer – 1 cup
- Lime – 1 (juiced)
- Jalapeno pepper – 1 (minced)
- Ground cayenne pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Minced capers – 1 teaspoon
- Dried dill weed – ½ teaspoon
- Plain yogurt – ½ cup
- Dried oregano – ½ teaspoon
- Ground cumin – ½ teaspoon
- Cod fillets – 1 pound (cut into pieces)
- Corn tortillas – 1 package
- Cabbage – ½ (finely shredded)
- Oil for frying
How to cook?
Beer batter: Mix well all-purpose flour, starch, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In another bowl, blend well egg and beer, and then add it to the flour mixture and stir well.
White sauce: Mix mayonnaise and yogurt in a bowl, and gradually add lime juice while stirring in order to achieve uniform consistency. Season with oregano, cumin, cayenne, dill, jalapeno and capers. Heat oil to 150-190 Celsius.
Fish: Sprinkle flour on fish pieces, dip them into the batter, and deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Slightly fry tortilla, but it should not be crispy.
To serve: In a tortilla, place the fish, top it with the cabbage and put white sauce, and wrap it, if you like.
Some other variations – You can substitute light sour cream for yogurt and lemon for lime – Fresh minced cilantro can be used instead of oregano – You can also grill it instead of frying – Tortillas can also be slightly grilled than fried.