Eucalyptus camaldulensis; A Fast Growing Tree Specie
Its botanical name is Euclyptus camaldulensis . It is a fast growing specie. It must be grown in water logged soils. It evaporates much of the under ground water.
It has many benefits, which i will elaborate one by one as follows:
- It is a fast growing plant specie which is able to provide early income to farmer.
- Its propagation is easy and only from seed.
- Its seed is sown in polythene tubes then then seedling is shifted where ever needed.
- It can be grown as a shelter belt to save crops and fruits from wind storms.
- It saves the soil from wind erosion.
- It can be grown in water logged soil because it removes excessive from the soil and water logged conditions of the soil removed.
- It can be grown as a thick plantation as a thick forest.
- Its wood has many uses.
- Its wood is used in making crates/boxes for fruit packing and fruit remains safe under these crates or wooden boxes made by the Eucalyptus camaldulensis wood.
- It provides early earning to the farmer because it is a fast growing specie.
- Its environment friendly and mitigate the climate change effect of global warming and it reduces the carbon dioxide concentration as it is used in photosynthesis.
- It can be gtown near road sides.
- It can be grown near railway lines sides.
- It saves road and railway lines sides from shifting of sand dunes when these roads and railway lines passes through sandy desserts, there fore its plantation is most use full.